I live in Los Angeles, California. I have been writing code for about 8 years. I’m most versed in C# & C++, but learned in Java. I work in both Unity and Unreal Engine.
Given my passion for programming, I often see myself as the member in a team which bridges the gap between a designer and an engineer, which I love. One of my greatest points of pride is being able to come to an idea for a game mechanic or dynamic and to be able to then go forward and build it myself, or at least collaborate with an engineer to build it together.
As a budding game designer, I get asked a lot about my favorite games! My all-time favorite is The Legend of Zelda, Majora’s Mask. I played this game before I could read, but I remember that the components of the story, design, and gameplay intrigued me beyond my own understanding. I am positive it ignited my passion for games. When I think about the types of games I want to make, Zelda titles always come to mind. My other all-time favorite games include: OOT, Minecraft, Red Dead 2, Journey, Spiderman on PS4, The Stanley Parable, Firewatch, and Outerwilds. The challenge of combining compelling narrative with fun mechanics in an emergent yet simple way is very intriguing to me.
Fall 2019 I enrolled as a student in the IMGD program at USC. The classes were taught along the principle that the player experience comes first. The “Playcentric” design which strongly favors designers to view their work from the perspective of a player, from which Aesthetics & Dynamics are most prominent. With this in mind, I want to use my games as a platform to blur the line between art and video games, in ways which the industry has yet to see. I graduated from the program in Spring 2021.
As far my hobbies and other passions:
- I really enjoy world building, and consuming content related to world building, or build worlds!
- I love to hiking & just being outdoors in general.
- I’m a huge music enthusiast. As you can find on my posts here, I think music shares a really important connection with our emotions, & therefore is super important in games as well.
- I enjoy playing guitar when I have the time! I’ve been playing a lot of Uke lately too.
- I love playing D&D. My dad taught me and my friends to play using classic, since then I have started playing 5e which I really like as well.
Thanks for taking the time to read about me!